Triangle ARLFC
In 1884, Triangle Cricket Club formed a rugby team to play on the lower part of the cricket field. However, when a bank for built to enable this part of the cricket ground to be flooded the rugby team folded. The reason for the intentional flooding of the area was to enable a natural ice skating rink to form during a series of unusually cold winters.

Triangle entered the League in 1950 and the players are pictured above.
The ground was actually up the hill in Norland at Longley Flatts, near what later became the Halifax Children’s Holiday Home. The changing facilities for the teams and the referee were described as basic. The team used a room at the Norland WMC and there was a washing tub full of lukewarm water! The team played there in the 1950-51 and 1951-52 seasons under the Triangle. In the latter season, Triangle had 23 players registered with addresses mainly in Norland, Triangle, Sowerby and Halifax although surprisingly, there are two players with a Dewsbury address. Ken Rawnsley was one of the key players for Triangle.
Future senior Rugby League referee, Ronnie Jackson, also played for Triangle between his stints at Siddal and Greetland.
There was also a Triangle U18 registered for the 1952-3 season.
After a couple of seasons, it is the Norland name rather than Triangle that appears in the league tables. Norland played in the league for three season 1952-3, 1953-54 and 1954-55. The team folded in April 1955.